Bedfield CEVC Primary Equality Objectives
Schools are required to publish information which is updated annually showing how they comply with the Equality Duty and to set at least one equality objective every 4 years. Schools are required to adhere to the following three aspects of the General Duty within the Equality Act 2010
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
These are the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010:
- Age (as an employer, not regarding pupils)
- Sexual Orientation
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Gender Reassignment
Our objectives for 2020 to 2024 are:
- Increase understanding and acceptance of the diversity that exists within our local area, through Language of the Month, forming links with an Ipswich school and through curriculum work.
- Promote understanding of equality and diversity throughout the curriculum; celebrating the achievements and contributions of people whose successes have been marginalised in the past.
- Increase the range of books and positive images so that every individual within the school community sees themselves represented on the pages of books and in images, whilst promoting equality and understanding of diversity for everyone.
- Actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between all groups of pupils; especially students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities and looked after children
A copy of our Equality Objectives Plan is kept in school but is not published on the website due to small numbers of pupils making them identifiable.
Schools only need to share composition of staff if they have more than 150 employees. As our school has fewer than 150 employees, we do not need to publish this information.