Ethos & Values
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)
Our Christian faith provides the foundation for the love, respect and care we provide to all our children, and we believe that through God's strength and guidance anything is possible. We want our children to feel Brave, Curious and Determined in all aspects of their lives.
Our vision is to create a school environment that:
- Provides a firm foundation based on Christian values and beliefs and to help children understand right from wrong, whilst respecting and understanding other beliefs and value systems.
- Uses this foundation to inform the way we conduct the whole vision of the school.
- Is a special place to nurture happy children
- Values everyone equally
- Celebrates our differences and promotes respect of others
- Nurtures the academic, personal, moral and spiritual development of every child in our care.
- Recognises determination, perseverance and achievement across the whole curriculum
- Inspires all children to be curious learners and critical thinkers
- Encourages reflective learning; bravery in trying new things and recognising that mistakes are part of learning
- Teaches the importance of kindness to others
- Enables all children to reach their own, unique potential
- Builds confidence and nurtures resilience
- Prepares children for their next steps in education and life
- Provides a broad curriculum which celebrates and recognises the current times in which our young people live
- Promotes engagement and partnership with parents, the church and the local community
It is because we believe all things can be done through Christ we feel able to encourage everyone, in the words of Stephen Hawking to "Be brave, be curious, be determined, overcome the odds."
We asked children to put into their own words what it is like to be a pupil at Bedfield School.
Here is what they said:
“Bedfield School is a small school with big potential!”
“We have good manners.”
“We look after each other.”
“We play well and work hard.”
“We have great sporting qualities!”
“Adults in school care about us and support us to do our best.”
We love that they recognise their own successes and feel encouraged to strive to achieve their best. These words are reflected in our values and we will work hard to maintain an ethos that continues to meet what the children like most about being part of our school.