When the school converted to be a member of the St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Multi-academy trust on November 1st 2021 it closed as Bedfield Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School and reopened as Bedfield Church of England School. For Ofsted purposes we are a new school. As such the Ofsted reports below refer to the previous incarnation of the school.
The school was inspected on 18th and 19th June 2019, the latest report can be accessed by clicking here.
Comments from the June 2019 report:
- The acting headteacher knows the school’s strengths and weaknesses well. She understands the actions required to improve the school further and she now has the capacity to bring about these changes.
- Leaders and governors ensure that pupils enjoy a broad and balanced range of curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Pupils’ behaviour in and out of lessons is positive. They are friendly, polite and well mannered.
- Parents and carers who spoke with the inspector and those who responded to Parent View, Ofsted’s online questionnaire, are very supportive of the school. Parents said that the staff are friendly and welcoming, and that their children are looked after well at Bedfield.
- Pupils typically enter Year 1 having reached a good level of development at the end of Reception.