PE & Sports Funding
PE & Sports Funding 2021-22
All young people should have the opportunity to live healthy and active lives. A positive experience of sport and physical activity at a young age can build a lifetime habit of participation, and is central to meeting the government’s ambitions for a world-class education system.
Physical activity has numerous benefits for children and young people’s physical health, as well as their mental wellbeing (increasing self-esteem and emotional wellbeing and lowering anxiety and depression), and children who are physically active are happier, more resilient and more trusting of their peers. Ensuring that pupils have access to sufficient daily activity can also have wider benefits for pupils and schools, improving behaviour as well as enhancing academic achievement.
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil. It is allocated directly to schools so they have the flexibility to use it in the way that works best for their pupils.
How much did we receive in 2020-21?
During 2020-21 we received £16,424 we also carried forward £2,749 from the previous year.
What this meant for our school in 2020-21:
- Year Six swimming outcomes: 100% could swim 25m unaided, 87% could perform safe self-rescue in different water situations
- We hired the services of Premier Sport to deliver extra enrichment opportunities including, archery, athletics and multi sports.
- Bike ability for Year 6 pupils
- 100% of pupil premium children participated in extra sports sessions
- 88% of SEN children participated in after school sport sessions.
- Purchased equipment.
How much funding will we receive in 2021-22?
It is anticipated that we will receive £16,441 we also carried forward £11,797 from 2020-21. Funds available = £28,238
We aim to spend our sports funding in the following areas during 2021-22
- We will engage pupils in leading sports activities by giving them the role of School Games Organiser.
- We will continue to purchase equipment for both sports and playtimes and ensure it is well maintained and stored.
- Continue to provide a broad range of sporting activities for all pupils including after school activities, enrichment days and sporting trips including activities such as water sports, orienteering, cross-country and team building events.
- Continue to provide top – up swimming for those who need it.