PE & Sports Funding
PE & Sports Funding 2023-24
All young people should have the opportunity to live healthy and active lives. A positive experience of sport and physical activity at a young age can build a lifetime habit of participation, and is central to meeting the government’s ambitions for a world-class education system.
Physical activity has numerous benefits for children and young people’s physical health, as well as their mental wellbeing (increasing self-esteem and emotional wellbeing and lowering anxiety and depression), and children who are physically active are happier, more resilient and more trusting of their peers. Ensuring that pupils have access to sufficient daily activity can also have wider benefits for pupils and schools, improving behaviour as well as enhancing academic achievement.
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil. It is allocated directly to schools so they have the flexibility to use it in the way that works best for their pupils.
How much did we receive in 2022-23?
During 2022-23 we received £16,350..
What this meant for our school in 2022-23:
- Attaining silver for the School Games Mark
- Pupils taking part in competitive sporting events
- Providing swimming lessons for the whole of KS2
- 87.5% of year 6 pupils able to swim 25m unaided and to perform self-rescue activities safely
- 87.5% of year 6 pupils are able to use a range of strokes effectively
- Increased SEND pupils’ participation in KS2 targeted competitions
How much funding will we receive in 2023-24?
It is anticipated that we will receive £16,330.
We aim to spend our sports funding in the following areas during 2023-24
- We will engage pupils in leading sports activities by giving them the role of School Games Organiser.
- We will continue to purchase equipment for both sports and playtimes and ensure it is well maintained and stored.
- Continue to provide a broad range of sporting activities for all pupils including after school activities, enrichment days and sporting trips including activities such as water sports, orienteering, cross-country and team building events.
- Continue to provide top – up swimming for those who need it.
- Train a member of staff in Forest Schools.
Click here to see our spending plan for 2023-24