SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN AT BEDFIELD CEVCP SCHOOL
We all have a statutory duty to report any incidents where we have any cause to suspect that a child is or is likely to suffer significant harm.
Neglect, Sexual Abuse, Physical Abuse, Emotional Abuse
- Report the incident immediately to the designated officer Mrs Sills (lead) or Mrs Holland (alternate)
- In the event of the designated officer being suspected report your concerns to the governing body
- LADO (Local Authority Designated Officer) will be informed
- Do not go to the member of staff, visitor or volunteer
- Do not carry out any investigations
- Report any incidents or signs immediately in writing using the correct form
- Tactfully and sympathetically listen to the concerns of the child. Do not asking leading questions
- If you have any concerns of Prevent please report them to the DSL
It is NOT the responsibility of school staff, volunteers or visitors to form judgments or to make enquiries of parents or others involved. The investigations are the statutory duty of others to perform.
* KEEP A NOTE OF THE DATE AND TIME *
You may email any concerns you have to email@example.com where Mrs Sills or Mrs Holland will be able to receive and deal with the concern.